Last Updated: April 2018
Thank you for accessing the AllClear ID Website (the “Site”). By visiting the Site directly or through another site, you accept the practices described in this Policy. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO OUR PRACTICES AS DESCRIBED IN THIS POLICY, DO NOT USE OUR SITE AND SERVICES.
- Information Collected: How we collect, use and (under certain conditions) disclose your Personal Information
- Information Use: Steps we take to secure your Personal Information
- Information Sharing, Retention & Destruction: Your options regarding the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information
We collect Personal Information and Non-personal Information through the Site. “Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual. “Non-personal Information” is aggregated information, demographic information, IP addresses and any other information that does not reveal your specific identity. We may collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Information provided by you when registering for the services through the Site or on the phone. For example, you may be required to submit Personal Information such as your name, address, Social Security number, date of birth, telephone number and e-mail address to enroll in order to register for identity monitoring; and, you may be provided with or create a user name (account ID) for the Site that may be used to personally identify you when logging into the Site.
- Information provided about your children when enrolling your children in child identity monitoring products. For example, as a legal guardian, you may be required to submit the child’s first and last name, Social Security number, and date of birth in order to register that child in identity monitoring.
- When you register for a service that requires enrollment and payment through the Site or on the phone, we may collect your credit card number or other payment account number, billing address and other information related to such transaction (collectively, “Payment Information”) from you if your services are being purchased by you and not by a sponsor company on your behalf. Our payment service provider(s) may also collect the necessary information from you directly (through forms embedded in our website, for example by means of iFrame technology) and store relevant information for recurring billing.
- Information provided by you (including health information) in order for us to provide investigative services to you, including investigating fraud or identity theft claims on your behalf.
It is always your choice whether or not to provide Personal Information. However, if you choose not to provide requested Personal Information, you may not be able to register for, or use, certain features of the service or Site.
If you are under the age of 13, you are not allowed to use the Site or any of our products or services. We do not knowingly solicit any personal information from children under the age of 13. If we are made aware that we have collected personal information from a child under 13 years old in a manner that is inconsistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of the United States, then we will delete this information as soon as practicable.
- Server Log Files. Your Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This number is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Site, along with the time(s) of your visit(s) and the page(s) that you visited. We use your IP address, and the IP addresses of all users, for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose problems with the Site’s servers, and administering the Site. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites.
- Environmental Variables. We may also collect certain environmental variables, such as the type of device you use to access the Site, the type and version of operating system, screen resolution, type of Internet browser, and Internet browser version. These environmental variables are collected by most browsers, and can be used to optimize your experience on the Site.
- Pixel Tags. We may also use so-called “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs” or similar means (collectively, “Pixel Tags”) in connection with some Site pages and HTML-formatted e-mail messages to, among other things, compile aggregate statistics about Site usage and response rates. A Pixel Tag is an electronic image, often a single pixel (1×1), that is ordinarily not visible to Site visitors and may be associated with Cookies on the visitors´ hard drives. Pixel Tags allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Site, to deliver branded services, to provide online advertising, and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted e-mail messages, Pixel Tags can tell the sender whether and when the e-mail has been opened.
- Information That You Voluntarily Provide. We also collect other Non-personal Information (e.g., your geographic location, etc.) when you voluntarily provide such information to us.
AllClear ID will use your Personal Information to communicate with you through email, phone, and the service. These include a series of welcome, verification, and informational emails that are part of the activation process and help to inform new users about features of the AllClear ID Services. Please be aware that as long as you are a registered member of an AllClear ID service, you will receive certain emails or calls related to the proper functioning of your account.
Personal Information. We may use Personal Information we collect in the following ways:
- Fulfillment of Requests. We may use Personal Information collected about you to provide you with products, services or information that you request.
- We may use Personal Information, including Payment Information, in order to fulfill your purchase.
- Administrative Communications. From time to time we may use Personal Information to send to you important information regarding your account, the Site, or changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Please be aware that as long as you are a registered member of an AllClear ID service, you will receive certain emails related to the proper functioning of your account.
- Other Communications. We may send you information about AllClear ID products and services, during and after any term for which you are subscribed for a service. If you would prefer that we do not send such email messages to you, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the instructions to unsubscribe.
- We may also send you promotional information about AllClear ID products and services, during and after any term for which you are subscribed for a Service. However, you may “opt out” of receiving such information. To opt-out, please send a request to email@example.com or follow the instructions to unsubscribe.
Non-Personal Information. Because Non-personal Information does not personally identify you, we may use such information for any purpose. In addition, we reserve the right to disclose such Non-personal Information to other third parties, for any purpose.
AllClear ID takes the privacy of our users very seriously, and may disclose information about you only for the purposes described below. We will never sell, rent, or provide your Personal Information to any third parties for their marketing purposes.
AllClear ID may disclose information about you to affiliated and non-affiliated third parties for the following purposes:
- We may disclose the information that we collect to our affiliated companies to provide the products you request, to enhance our products to better suit your needs.
- Business Partners. We may partner with other companies to fulfill the products or perform the services that you order. We may disclose Personal Information and/or Non-personal or de-identified information collected about you to such third-party partners for the purposes described in this Policy.
- Service Providers. We work with third parties who provide services including but not limited to data analysis, order fulfillment, list enhancement and other administrative services. We may disclose Personal Information to such third parties for the purpose of enabling these third parties to provide services to us. Such services may include: email list management services, certain product functionalities, customer support, web hosting, customer data management and enhancement, fulfillment services (e.g., companies that fill product orders or coordinate mailings), research and surveys, data analysis and email service. If we collect Payment Information from you, we may share this information with our payment service provider(s) for processing of charges, who in turn may share this information with card networks and your card issuer in order to execute processes related to those charges (such as, authorization and settlement).
- Identity Repair. We may provide third parties (e.g., insurance companies, creditors, healthcare providers, or law enforcement personnel) with information that you provide to us (including health information) as necessary to perform investigative services you order, including for the purpose of investigating identity theft, fraud, or incorrect usage of your name, identity, or other data.
- We reserve the right to transfer any and all information that we collect from Site users to an affiliate or a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- Aggregate, Non-Personal, or De-identified Information. We may share aggregated information (i.e., information about you and other customers collectively, but not specifically identifiable to you) and other Non-personal, de-identified, or anonymous information we collect with third parties.
- Apple Safari (iOS): https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
- Apple Safari (macOS): https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411
- Google Android: https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/54068
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
Retention & Destruction
- Retention. Unless we otherwise agree, after the term of your subscription has expired or terminated, AllClear ID may retain your Personal Information as follows: to resolve disputes, to comply with official investigations or proceedings, as required by company policy or legal obligation, and/or to enforce AllClear ID’s agreements.
- Destruction. If requested and/or as required by law, Personal Information will be destroyed utilizing one of the following methods, depending on which media the data has been stored:
- Shredding of paper copies or physical media; or degaussing of physical media
- Overwriting, block erasing, or cryptographically erasing data on electronic media
- Overwriting or otherwise permanently rendering inaccessible records in electronic databases
Accessing and Changing Your Account Information
You can review the Personal Information you provide us and, unless otherwise indicated, make any desired changes to such information, or to the settings for your AllClear ID account, at any time by logging into your account on the Site and editing the information on your Profile page. You can request in writing that AllClear ID remove your Personal Information from our database and that your account be closed. See “Contacting Us” later in this document.
AllClear ID utilizes a wide range of advanced technologies for Internet and secure interactive voice security, including multi-band, multi-factor authentication; encryption of data transmitted via public networks; and encryption of stored data.
When you attempt to access secure areas of the Site or sign into the service, AllClear ID will authenticate your identity.
AllClear ID protects your information over the Internet by using a secure Web server, which allows your Web browser to interact with AllClear ID’s Web server via an encrypted session.
AllClear ID uses a Transport Layer Security (TLS) connection that provides an encrypted connection between your computer and AllClear ID. The encrypted connection scrambles ordinary text or data into ciphertext to safeguard your information as it is transmitted over the Internet. The information is decrypted, or put back into a readable format, when it reaches its intended destination.
Certain Personal Information AllClear ID collects is stored encrypted. In addition, the Site and the service are hosted in an environment that employs firewall and other advanced technology designed to prevent interference or access from outside and unauthorized inside intruders.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, there is always some element of risk involved in sending Personal Information online. You acknowledge that, in connection with the AllClear ID service, information shall be transmitted over local exchange, interexchange, and internet backbone carrier lines and through routers, switches and other devices owned, maintained, and serviced by third party local exchange and long distance carriers, utilities, internet service providers, and others, all of which are beyond the control and jurisdiction of AllClear ID. Accordingly, AllClear ID assumes no liability for or relating to the delay, failure, interruption, or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with the AllClear ID service. AllClear ID further makes no warranty and assumes no liability regarding the availability, reliability, or suitability of any internet service provider or digital subscriber line services.
AllClear ID makes no warranties as to the security of user’s data communications, or that third parties will not gain unauthorized access to or monitor users’ computer(s) or online communications. You agree that AllClearID will not be liable for any such access.
We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices on any web site not operated by AllClear ID. Certain businesses not affiliated with AllClear ID may display the AllClear ID logo & offer access to the AllClear ID service. Such use or offers should not be construed, in any respect, as an endorsement or guarantee by AllClear ID of the security practices of such businesses.
Mail: AllClear ID, Inc., 816 Congress Avenue, Suite 1800, Austin, Texas 78701