The U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) provides a wealth of information on their Identity Theft website. Learn how to recognize identity theft, steps to address it, and more.
- Understand the warning signs of identity theft so you can detect it early.
- Get step-by-step instructions on what to do if you’ve received a data breach notice or if your personal information has been stolen.
- Find out how to handle a variety of identity theft situations, from tax-related, medical, and child identity theft.
- Get an overview of your rights when recovering from identity theft.
- Access sample dispute letters to credit cards, credit bureaus, and more.
Click here to visit the FTC Identity Theft website.